Menu    

Next Level Intuition

It’s free.  It’s highly misunderstood. It’s talked about a lot but not implemented as much. Any guesses? It is our INTUITION!  And who doesn’t want to take their intuition to the next level?

Before we can take our intuition to the “next level,” we first have to understand intuition. So, what is intuition really? According to Webster’s Dictionary, intuition is “the power or faculty of attaining to direct knowledge or cognition without evident rational thought and inference.”  Steve Jobs said that “Intuition is more powerful than intellect.”   I call it that quiet inner voice that talks to us when we listen. Some call it a hunch, a gut feeling, or an instinct. It’s knowing, but not knowing, how you know.

I would say the majority of people don’t know how to tap into it. Do you want to be more intuitive? Here are 3 things you can do to improve your intuition skills.

  1. Pay attention to those gut feelings. Did you know that research has shown that our intuition has a physical presence in our gut. The gut is lined with a network of neurons, and it’s often referred to as the “second brain” or the “gut brain.” This smaller brain in your gut is called the enteric nervous system (ENS). All these neurons not only communicate with gut bacteria to help digest your food, but they also process through this “second brain” your emotions and thoughts. This is why you sometimes feel butterflies in your stomach or feel nausea or sick.  Your “second brain” is speaking to you in these moments. Start paying attention to those gut feelings, and this second brain may just become your everyday coach!

 

  1. Slow down and listen. We get so busy in our everyday lives that we don’t create time to be still and listen. And it is near impossible to tap into your intuition when you are super stressed out and running around like crazy. I think as adults we should go back to some good practices we learned in kindergarten — everyday nap and quiet time. Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein were both known to take naps to boost their creative thinking. But they weren’t really sleeping. They would utilize a technique where they would relax their entire body and find that sweet spot between Alpha and Theta brain waves. In this state you’re still aware of what’s going on around you, but you’re not fast asleep or wide awake. Einstein said, “No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.” This means in order to solve problems, we have to go to a new level of consciousness, a new way of thinking. Taking these “naps” allows just that. In stillness you reconnect. You get in touch with pure consciousness. In return, it allows you to tap into more creative solutions. Intuition increases creativity. Start to create some quiet time in your life and listen to your intuition.

 

  1. Practice Mindfulness. Mindfulness is being aware of your feelings, thoughts, and body sensations in your environment. Psychological Science defined it as “paying attention to one’s current experience in a non-judgmental way.” It means being able to focus on the present moment. Scientists say that 90% of our thinking is in the past or the future, meaning we are either regretting the past or worried about the future. This leaves only 10% for the present moment.  The present moment is the only time you really have to live. When you practice mindfulness, you start to live life in awareness, and you create space. This space allows you to tune into what is happening both inside and outside of yourself in the present moment. And this, in turn, allows you to access your intuition on a moment-by-moment basis.

 

I hope you find these techniques as helpful as I have. Learning to tap into my own intuition has been a game changer in my life. As you start tapping into your intuition on a daily basis, you start living life as who you were designed to be — a divine spiritual being filled with light and love! Albert Einstein has been widely quoted as saying, “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” Let’s learn how to honor this sacred gift and take our intuition to the next level!

Jenni Byrd Grier

en_USEnglish