Knowing Where You Are
You only have two choices about life — to grow or decline. There is no in-between life position! In order to grow, it is important that we acknowledge where we are right now. You cannot grow from where you think you should be; you can only grow from where you really are right now. Going into the last quarter of 2020, October is a very important month to anchor your business, and it’s the perfect time to assess where you are.
Remember your old school days in high school or college? You walk into class, and you find written on the board POP QUIZ! Your heart sinks. You thought you could just skate through the day, and suddenly you are looking for a place to hide. Now is a perfect time for a pop quiz on ACHIEVEMENT.
Following are ten questions. I want you to grade yourself on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being low and 10 being high for each question. All the analytical types out there, don’t over think the questions. Just write down the first number that comes to mind. Ready? Let’s get started!
- I am committed to and use a system of personal management.
- I keep a list of all my future dreams.
- I have a 5-year vision statement in place today.
- I consistently and proactively plan tomorrow before tomorrow begins.
- I write down all my To Do’s in one place.
- I have all my time scheduled events (appointments) in a calendar.
- I have all my monthly goals written down for October.
- I track my monthly goals on a weekly basis.
- I keep all my notes in one place so I can easily refer to them.
- My self-talk is positive, and my thought and feelings match my dreams and goals.
So, how did you do? Out of a total potential score of 100, if you ranked yourself:
- 70 or above: You have a consistent pattern of ACHIEVEMENT in place. Good job!
- 30-60: You need to “sharpen your focus.” Improve one score every week.
- Below 30: This could be an indication of being disengaged, waiting on something eternal of yourself to miraculously change your circumstances (sitting on the fence), or simply unaware. Decide today to commit to a system of personal management and get started.
This test should not discourage. The first step in growth is increasing one’s awareness. The purpose of this quiz is to increase your awareness of where you are right now in terms of achievement. You can’t start from any other place. So, what are you going to commit to in the 4th quarter to make sure you are closing out the year strong?
Growth should be a lifestyle, and achievement is always a process. It’s the process of doing the right things, consistently over a sustained period of time. Your daily choices either support your growth or contribute to your decline. So, you have to ask yourself, “Am I making daily choices in alignment with my dreams and goals?” Learn to create a consistent proactive mindset by developing the habit of always planning tomorrow before tomorrow begins. If your goal seems like a mountain climb, that is okay. First, decide to climb the mountain! Make the choice. There is so much power in a choice! And then every day with consistency, work towards your goal.
I wish you many blessings and always remember the pursuit of abundance is a worthy journey!
In love and gratitude,