Daily Practices for an Amazing Year!
In last month’s blog titled “A New Mindset for a New Year,” my dad wrote about the freshness of the new year and how exciting that can be. He also mentioned that, for most people, the newness of the new year wears off by February! Studies show that most people have abandoned their New Year Resolution by January 16th! So that is why I want to talk to you about how to keep the energy of the new year going.
You’ve heard the saying “Change your thinking, change your life.” While I believe that is 100% true, most people just don’t know how to change their thinking. The secret to changing your thinking is to change your ENERGY. Your energy plays such a key role in what you think and how you feel.
We can’t just sit around, doing the same thing, living life on autopilot and expect our energy to change. We have to CHOOSE new habits and behaviors that help influence our energy in the right direction. If you want to increase your energy so you can align your thoughts, feelings and behaviors with your dreams and goals, here are some daily practices that I recommend:
- Have a morning routine. Proactively establishing a morning routine not only increases your energy and momentum, but it also helps you start your day with intention. You don’t have to wake up hours earlier for this to be successful. Just choose how you want to spend the first 30 minutes of your morning. A morning routine just means you perform the same basic tasks in the same order every day. Perhaps you can create your morning routine around some of these new daily practices recommended here.
- Plan tomorrow before tomorrow begins. Take five minutes every day to plan your next day. This is where you write out your schedule, prioritize your top things to do, and schedule specific time in your schedule to get the important things done. You learn how to set yourself up to WIN every day!
- Meditate. Meditation is a practice that allows us to quiet our mind of excessive chatter and create more awareness. Meditation brings about profound changes in one’s mind, body and spirit. On a mind level, it allows us to be still and present. This can reduce our anxiety and bring about clarity and awareness. It also increases our creativity and improves memory and concentration. On the body level, it has been shown to slow the aging process, reduce stress, boost immunity and decrease heart rate and blood pressure. On the spirit level, when we meditate, we check out of our limited mind and open up our intuition, Spirit, and God. There is no right or wrong way to do meditation. It might be just sitting in silence for five minutes. If you don’t know where to start, I suggest guided meditation. This is what helped me fall in love with meditation. We have several on our website which you can check out.
- Ground. Grounding, also called earthing, is a therapeutic technique that involves connecting your physical body to the earth’s electrical energy. Electrical charges from the earth can have positive effects on your body. When you stop and think about it, it really makes sense. We are electrical beings living on an electrical planet. Practice grounding by spending a few minutes outside walking around barefoot.
- Digital Detox. Digital detox refers to a period of time when a person refrains from using tech devices such as cell phones, computers, tablets and social media sites. A digital detox does not mean giving up your digital world altogether. It simply means you are proactively setting boundaries to ensure your digital world works for you rather than against you. Pick a time of day to go device-free or restrict social media use for a specific period of time.
Implementing these five tips can be your first steps in intentionally creating proactive behaviors which will change your energy and empower you in becoming the best version of YOU. This can be your new NEXT LEVEL in your life. The bottom line is this — to create something new in your life requires you to make new and intentional choices. So, I leave you with this question:
Are you ready to take the first step in creating lasting change?
This question stands as a challenge to begin a unique and abundant life. It is within reach! You can create it! Simply start by making the choice to implement these simple new behaviors. Increase your energy so you can create a life you absolutely love!
in love and gratitude,